Union HRD Minister launches MANODARPAN
July 28, 2020, 6:47:38 AM
Union HRD Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal
DELHI: Union HRD Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched the MANODARPAN initiative of HRD Ministry to provide psychosocial support to students for their Mental Health and Well-being in New Delhi today.
Minister of State for HRD, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Shri Amit Khare; Secretary, School Education and Literacy Smt Anita Karwal and senior officials of the Ministry were present on the occasion. Smt Anita Karwal made a detailed presentation about the initiative at the event.
As part of MANODARPAN initiative, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched a National Toll-free Helpline (8448440632), a special web page of MANODARPAN on the portal of HRD Ministry, and a Handbook on MANODARPAN.
Speaking on the occasion, the Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said that COVID -19 is understandably a challenging time for everyone around the world. This Global pandemic is not only serious medical concern but also brings mixed emotions and psycho-social stress for all. With a specific focus on children and adolescents, there are emerging mental health concerns that are often reported in such situations. Children and adolescents may be more vulnerable and may experience a heightened level of stress, anxiety and fearfulness, along with a range of other emotional and behavioural issues.
The following components are included in the MANODARPAN initiative:
1. Advisory Guidelines for students, teachers and faculty of School systems and Universities along with families.
2. Web page on the MHRD website, which will carry advisory, practical tips, posters, videos, dos and donts for psychosocial support, FAQs and online query system.
3. National level database and directory of counsellors at School and University level whose services can be offered voluntarily for Tele-Counselling Service on the National Helpline.
4. National Toll-free Helpline by the MHRD for a countrywide outreach to students from school, universities and colleges. This unique helpline shall be manned by a pool of experienced counsellors/ Psychologists and other mental health professionals and will continue beyond the COVID-19 situation.
5. Handbook on Psychosocial Support: Enriching Lifeskills & Wellbeing of Students to be published online.
6. The booklet will include FAQs, Facts & Myths and will also cover ways and means to manage emotional and behavioural concerns (from young children to college youth) during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
7. Interactive Online Chat Platform for contact, counselling and guidance by psychologists and other mental health professionals which will be available for students, teachers, and families during COVID-19 and beyond.
8. Webinars, audio-visual resources including videos, posters, flyers, comics, and short films to be uploaded as additional resource materials on the webpage. Crowdsourcing from students all over the country will be encouraged as peer support.
A search and seizure operation conducted by the Income Tax Department in Kolkata
March 11, 2021, 7:31:22 AM
Kolkata: The Income Tax Department carried out a search and seizure operation on 10.03.2021 on two separate persons based in Kolkata, who are engaged in the handling of cash of others on a commission basis.
Income Tax Department, India, Kolkata
India cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi as a single non-lapsable reserve fund
March 10, 2021, 9:22:05 AM
Delhi: Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has approved the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN) as a single non-lapsable reserve fund for share of Health from the proceeds of Health and Education Cess levied under Section 136-b of Finance Act, 2007.
India, Finance, India Cabinet
Gurugram DGGI officials arrest 2 men for defrauding exchequer of over Rs 690 crore
March 10, 2021, 7:08:55 AM
Delhi: The ongoing investigation of the Directorate General of GST Intelligence, Gurugram Zonal Unit, were able to arrest two gang members of a fake invoicing syndicate, namely Vikas and Manish, who were involved in GST fraud by way of issuance of fake GST invoices in excess of Rs 4,800 crore which defrauded the exchequer of more than Rs 690 crore.
India, Income Tax Department
The Government takes steps to deal with Casteism and Communalism in the country
March 10, 2021, 6:50:50 AM
Delhi: The Central Government provides assistance to State Governments/ Union Territory Administrations towards incentive for inter-caste marriages, where one of the spouses is a member of a Scheduled Caste.
MCA strikes off 10,113 companies from April to Feb in 2020-2021
March 8, 2021, 1:49:31 PM
Rep. image, Office
Delhi: Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) administers the Companies Act, 2013 (the Act), Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 and Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. There is no provision for weeding out the Companies in the Act.
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal flags off Tanakpur-Delhi Jan Shatabdi Express special train
February 26, 2021, 11:22:48 AM
Rep. image, Train
Delhi: Minister Piyush Goyal said that the introduction of a new modern, safe, LHB coach Purnagiri Janshatabdi train, will boost tourism and connectivity in the region. The Minister also informed that electrification of Pilibhit- Delhi route was already complete, Tanakpur- Pilibhit route is also complete, only CRS inspection is awaited, soon the entire route (Tanakpur- Delhi) will be fully electrified.
INDIA RAILWAYS, Piyush Goyal
MHA extends guidelines for surveillance, containment and caution states/ UT to strictly enforce SOPs
February 26, 2021, 11:05:15 AM
Delhi: Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issued an Order today to extend the existing Guidelines for Surveillance, Containment and Caution to remain in force upto 31.03.2021.
Minister of Home Affairs (MHA), India
MoU sign by MCA & CBIC for exchange of data for enhancing the ease of doing business in India
February 25, 2021, 6:07:10 PM
Delhi: Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), Ministry of Finance, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for data exchange between the two organisations. The MoU was signed by Manoj Pandey, Joint Secretary, MCA, and B. B. Gupta, ADG, CBIC, in the presence of Rajesh Verma, Secretary, MCA and M. Ajit Kumar, Chairman, CBIC.
MoU, India, MCA, CBIC
India and Pakistan's joint statement on the situation along the Line of Control (LAC)
February 25, 2021, 2:03:51 PM
Delhi: The Director Generals of Military Operations of India and Pakistan held discussions over the established mechanism of hotline contact. The two sides reviewed the situation along the Line of Control and all other sectors in a free, frank and cordial atmosphere.
Line Of Control, LAC, India, Pakistan, Indian Armed Forces
Govt notifies IT (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021
February 25, 2021, 1:44:00 PM
Delhi: Amidst growing concerns around lack of transparency, accountability and rights of users related to digital media and after elaborate consultation with the public and stakeholders, the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021 has been framed in exercise of powers under section 87 (2) of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and in supersession of the earlier Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines) Rules 2011.
Digital Media, India